Last Hurrah of Winter

[[[Insert creative opening sentence.]]]

I'm 30 weeks pregnant so my creativity {and logic and emotional stability and pretty much everything else} is a bit out of whack.  So bear with me here, this post might be a little mreh.  And in case you're not familiar with the word "mreh", it is advised that you scroll through the pictures and ignore any and all text.  You're welcome.


So Roy took a few days off and we went to Utah for our last hurrah of winter.  {It better be a last hurrah, because I'm ravenous for spring.}  Roy ended up being sick for most of the trip, poor guy.  He missed out on the snow tubing.  But that gave Papa the go-ahead to hog Camden for the whole hour and a half of pure toddler bliss.


Kind of a demanding job for a grandfather, really.  Camden shouted, "LET'S GO AGAIN!" at the bottom if the hill every time.  He never wanted to leave that orange tube.  Not even to use the restroom...  (-_-)





There's Zac, Jess, Alexa, and Jacob!



If only I had the audio of Alexa's man-scream for you!





Official photographer here!
 Being pregnant has its perks.  For example-- I didn't mind missing out on tubing.  It honestly looked a tad terrifying, my 3-year-old is braver than I am.



When Roy felt a little more himself he went snowboarding with these guys...
{Next year I'm teaching Camden!}


And we spent half a day with Leah, Danny Jay, Zoey, and Luke at The Living Planet Aquarium.  I'm pulling the pregnancy card for forgetting my actual camera *face palm*.  But these iPhone pics capture some of the fun anyway.



This pic in particular could be on the cover of a horror film...



The cousins had fun.  At home Camden is constantly asking for Danny Jay to come over and play, so he was excited to sprint around with him.  





 Meanwhile, Luke and Zoey were perfectly content in the stroller.  I love these chunky babes!


And this chunky babe too!  Jaxon wasn't at the aquarium, but I just couldn't leave him out of the niece and nephew lineup. 


Last but not least, we had to get the ol' band back together.


The stars of this pic are actually the children, who are all looking at me like I'm a complete idiot.


 But this one just melts my heart.  Cade might have some competition.


One more highlight was going to the Provo City Center Temple Open House.  Originally this building was a 112-year-old tabernacle, which I actually attended as my stake center when I lived in the area.  But it caught fire in 2010, leaving pretty much just the shell.  I was happy to learn that the exterior was being used to house a brand new LDS temple!

Camden loves pointing out temples and asking about them lately, so it was fun to be able to take him.  While we were touring inside he said, "This is the prettiest place I've ever seen!"

Considering he pointed at the chandelier and called it a sparkling birthday cake, I certainly see where he is coming from.  But even more than seeing the beauty I'm glad he got to feel the Spirit residing there.  He kept asking if Jesus was in the room.  I thought my heart would explode.

The remainder of the Collett Family Reunion consisted of horseback riding {preggo card!} and quality time at the cozy cabin.  We were sad to say goodbye to everyone-- and to all the many people we love who live up there.

But on a brighter note, we came home to short-sleeved weather and a tree full of pink blossoms in our front yard!  Hello Spring!!!!!



Mreh and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment