Summer Wrap-Up

One evening I waltzed inside from taking out the trash and declared, "Fall is coming!  I can sense it!"

Roy straight up laughed at me, gesturing out the window at our cacti.  "Yeah?  With what senses did you sense fall?"

"You don't understand," I chided.  "You have to be a born desert dweller to have the sense."  

Am I alone in this?  
It's a certain crisp smell at twilight.
It's the long shadows on the street just before dinnertime.
The way the morning feels almost chilly, like maybe you should dig out your sweatshirt.  

Okay, I can't describe it, but I just know.  Fall is coming.  

So we better hurry and finish out the rest of our lovely pictures from the end of summer with this kid.



He's really used to the paparazzi these days.  So used to it, that when lightening flashes he says, "CHEESE!"


Speaking of which... awesome job, Monsoon.  You had a great season this year.




More bonding time with our sweet little friend, who just knows the way to Camden's heart...


And he to hers.


Lots of reading...


Lots of sidewalk chalk...


Lots of perfect summer sunsets...


And Camden thinking that if he can't see me, I can't see him.




Oh, there was my surprise birthday party!  Which I was really, quite surprised by!  I haven't retrieved any pictures yet, but a fun time was had by all.  It was so fun I left the decorations up for over a month.


And we also had cake with the fam.



More of my sweet everyday...


Camden's obsession with basketball is reaching a point of concern for me.  But Roy loves it.


New, tiny little friends...


Final days in the pool...


Lazy mornings in bed, snuggling and tickling...


Leftover tattoos from birthday parties... {he loved pointing it out all day long}


Slowly warming up to sand...


Helping Daddy fix the car by placing every tool we own beside him...


Outings with Aunt Alexa…


Summer, you were good to us.

But on October 1st you best believe I busted out the Halloween totes!!!!

The house is decked out, and we're ready for FALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment