Reay Reunion in the Mountains

I love Sundays.  Both my boys are currently napping, and I'm eating buttered Eggo waffles next to a flickering apple spice candle to usher in our nonexistent fall season.  We've baked cookies, we've gone on a family bike ride, and we've snuggled for a movie.  Today everything feels very whole.  

Of course I'm writing this before trying to keep a toddler quietly entertained for a full hour of pew imprisonment, while still trying to glean some spiritual nourishment for myself.  But even so, I am always sad when Sunday is over.

Last week we got spoiled with much more family time than usual.  A little hurricane called Odile came up the Gulf of California and was supposed to dump crazy amounts of rain on us.  Natural disaster status.  The bottled water shelves were cleared at the stores, people were buying sandbags for their homes, and everyone was staying inside.  The firm called Roy and told him not to come into work.  For two days!

Aaaand it sprinkled.
The storm veered east and caused major flooding in some other small towns, sparing us.  However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed we didn't see some of the storm.  I mean, they were talking about seven inches of rain over here!  It's not like I wanted our couch to go floating down the street, but I wouldn't have minded a night of candles and flashlights while we watched the desert drink it up.

Still, it was an awesome two days I got to spend with my boys.  
This last summer the three of us were separated quite a lot.  I'm still catching up, so without further ado… 
Reay Family Reunion Summer 2014
Location: Pinetop, Arizona



All the cousins are officially adults {since Zac turned 18 in June} and our parents still make us pose oldest to youngest.
These are all out of order, but this is one of my favorite pictures ever, right here:
Uncle Mason helping Camden wade through the river.


It's really pretty cute watching my brothers turn into big softies when it comes to Camden.


All the great-grandkids painted birdhouses.  Camden's favorite color right now is "puh-pul."






We went to the river for a picnic.  Camden loved throwing rocks in the water.






Squelching in the mud.

Of course Kirsten was an honorary Reay for the weekend.  She was also the official photographer.

And the lone wolf ventured out to capture nature through a lens.  


Isn't this the cutest?

Uncle Mason helped him jump on and off that log for like twenty minutes.
He was willing to be left there by himself -- that's how much he loved it.

Boys are gross.




The guys decided to build a dam.  Must be a man thing.


Dad and Neil playing horseshoes.  

Food.  The only thing that could get him out of the mud.

We love the cabin, and all of our cousins.







"What is this strange thing they call a 'tree'?"
There was also bowling.  And thanks to Ruth for leaving us her lucky ball.  Whoever she is.


The mad skills.





Now for the next generation of line-up pictures.  {Look at baby Weston next to Camden! <3}

Love our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment