A Birthday Card for Camden

It's true what they say: the days are long but the years are short.  ONE year just flew by, Cam.  The infant years are gone and we're venturing into the toddlers, armed with sippy cups and and Skidders.

On November 15th I wished you a "Happy Day-you-were-supposed-to-be-born," in remembrance of how uncomfortable and balloon-like I was when your due date came and went.  I wanted you out and in my arms like you wouldn't believe.  But you were worth the wait, my little bear.

You can sign "milk" and "more" {which you do constantly, wishing you could spend every waking moment chowing down in your high chair} and you can say, "Mama" and "ba" for ball.  I also just realized that when I say "uh-oh" you respond with "ow!"  Every time.


You're favorite book is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, and you smile real big when we do the funny voices for the different animals.  Walking is completely uninteresting, but you can crawl faster than any baby I've ever seen, especially when we are playing your favorite game, chase.  Sometimes we chase you, and you scream in delight.  Sometimes you chase your favorite toy, the golf ball.

You have a signature cheeser grin that you almost always bust out when a camera or phone is aimed at you.   Perfect little poser.  But you also love growling, which is why we call you our little bear.  Oh, and did I mention you love eating?  Good thing you have eight teeth, you can pretty much handle any food.  Your favorites are blueberries and carrots.  {And after yesterday, probably cake too.}


At 25 pounds, you are bigger than the average baby your age.  And probably cuter, too, in my not-so-unbiased opinion.

We call you Camma-Jamma, or just Jammer.  You love your grandparents and uncles and aunts.  And you... well you are loved by a lot of people.  But none so much as me.  Okay, and maybe you daddy.
;-)  

Love you, my baby boy.  Happy Birthday.


{Party post coming soon}

1 comment:

  1. LOVE his little birthday theme! that is so adorable! and don't you hate that the first year is over? haha, or maybe you don't-but i miss it!! they just get too big too fast!

    ReplyDelete