Busiest Weekend of Camden's Life

Naps are important in this house.  Pretty much as important as breathing.  But this weekend, for the first time ever, I got brave and threw nap times almost completely out the window.  There were a lot of fun goings on that I decided we weren't going to miss out on.  And wouldn't you know it?  We are all still alive.  Sure, by Sunday night Camden was cranky, but I don't feel like he's going to get a lower SAT score because his schedule was messed up for a few days.  This is a good realization for me.

Roy said I looked like one of the pumpkins.

Roy and I were asked to help put on the Fall Festival for our ward at church.  Friday we crafted and decorated the church building before we went home and donned our costumes.  Or at least we tried to don our costumes.  Unfortunately our family coordination took a nosedive when mine and Roy's plastic fangs didn't stick to our teeth like they were supposed to.  We were meant to be vampires and Camden was our lil' bat.  Fangless, Roy got asked twice if he was supposed to be from the Amish Mafia.  Ha!

So we ended up just being people dressed in black, but at least Camden was a cute bat.

The head part didn't stay on for very much of the night, due to the fact that Camden thoroughly enjoyed ripping it off.  But he was still adorable.  More pictures to come on Halloween night.

After the chili cook-off I ran the photo booth, so I didn't see much of the party.  Roy took Camden around to see the other games and to stare at all of the people dressed up with painted faces.  In this pic I think he's staring at a zombie during trunk-or-treating.  I love that he's not old enough to be scared, but it's like, "What the???"

 I don't know if it was the chocolate frosting I let him taste or if it was the elation of being up an hour past bedtime, but by the time trunk-or-treating started, this kid was wired.  Roy carried him around the parking lot through the throngs of dressed up kids and teenagers and I could hear Camden joy-screaming long after they disappeared from sight.

Roy loves giving out candy. By the handfuls.  I hope none of those kids get put in a sugar coma because the dude from the Amish Mafia gave them 25 dum dums each.  Maybe I shouldn't be posting incriminating evidence online...

Even though Camden went to bed super late, he got up at 4 the next morning, ready for the day.  What a stinker!

Saturday morning was Camden's first trip to the zoo.  Honestly, that boy was more interested in the people taking pictures of the animals than he was in the actual animals.  I think we have several months before the animals are cool, but it was still a fun environment for him.  He loves being outside, hearing new sounds and people-watching.

We were there for Parker's birthday {second cousin} who was turning four.  We got to see cousins and aunts and uncles and Grammy and GG.  Wish I'd taken more pictures, but this phone pic is gonna have to do:

Mom and I couldn't get him to look at the giraffes because he was mesmerized by a Halloween banner draped over the bars of the enclosure.  *Sigh*  Again... it will be a while.  Of all the animals the ducks and the monkeys managed to get his attention.  Maybe because they're loud and annoying.  

We went straight from the zoo to another birthday party.  Camden fell asleep for the drive, but was happy to wake up for more playtime.  This place is called Pump It Up, and the party was for a friend's little boy who was turning three.  

The place consisted of a few giant rooms filled with jumping castles, obstacle courses, and slides.  Kid heaven, but a little out of Camden's league.  Just to see how he'd take it, I had a friend, Genie, take him up to the top of one of the huge blow-up slides and slide him down to me on his back.  As he flew down he wheeled his little arms through the air with a look on his face that said, "HOLY CRAP!"  I had to laugh.

At the bottom of the slide he made a strangled barking sound like he wasn't sure if he wanted to cry or angry-scream, but when I picked him up he got over it almost immediatley.  Good boy.  We spent the rest of the time crawling around on these safe foam shapes.  He played peek-a-boo, crawled through the tunnels, and clapped for himself a lot.  

And he was sleeping hard again on the way home.  Wiped out.

Sunday after church we went to Mom and Dad's, and by now Cam was not exactly in a good mood.  Well, unless he had a slice of watermelon in each hand.

Or was riding on Daddy's shoulders on our walk.

Other than that, he was kind of whiney.  Probably from taking almost every nap in his carseat this weekend.  But I think it was worth it, and I think he'd agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment