Fat Feet

When you take your kid for their regular health checkup, the doctor will take measurements and tell you where your baby is on "the charts."  Who makes these charts?  I don't know.  All I know is every doctor has them, and they are the final word on what is "normal."  

Although I personally think Camden is enormous, every checkup I've been told he's near around the 50th percentile for weight and height, with a cranium up in the 80th percentile.  Just your average bobble-head.

What they don't measure are feet.  


If they did, the all-powerful chart-makers would be blown away by Camden, whose feet are so thick that they don't fit in shoes.  Like, any shoes.

Okay, except these ones.  Which were made for 4-year-olds.


And I have squeezed them into these Toms exactly twice.  First of all, I hate battling with Camden over something that he doesn't really need.  His knees are in more need of protection right now than his feet, since he's only crawling.  I don't blame him for trying to get out of shoe-wearing, either.  I imagine for him it's a lot like someone smashing your foot into a teacup.

Also, when the shoes come off his soft, pudgy feet have deep red lines in them where they were exploding out of the shoes.  Not worth it, even though they are oh-so-adorable.


Don't even get me started on these Converse shoes.


We're giving up on shoes for a while, but loving these fat feet and how fast they scamper behind his walker toy these days.  Maybe this practice walking will thin them out.


Quick side note: I found a forgotten notebook stuffed away on a dusty shelf, signed by my sister and I in handwriting I almost don't recognize anymore.  It starts in 2001 {sixth and fourth grade}, when we decided to keep a "sister journal" and pass it back and forth, writing to each other.  

I'm so lucky to have such a sweet little sister, who has always built me up and made me feel loved and cherished.  I'm thinking about her a lot, and missing her like crazy.  But she's doing great on her mission, seeming to love every minute of it.  If you ever want to read her emails home, go to her blog.



Love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment