Summer Lovin'

Consider this an intermission to our big summer vacation.  Because while our blog is overdue for a lengthy Lake Powell post, things are still happening every day--life is so inconsiderately refusing to pause so I can catch up on documentation.  



Camden loves to be outside, but this fair-haired chunk looks like a third-degree burn waiting to happen. So we have spent a lot of our summertime cooling off in the shade of the back porch.




Sometimes things outside of the pool are more interesting.  



Occasionally, if a nice monsoon breeze is present, we go for a jog around the park followed by playtime... AKA, trying to eat wood chips.





We practice walking around the house, but Camden still can't take a step without some help.  But who needs walking when you can crawl at the speed of light?  His favorite game is to play fetch with himself.  Ball of choice: golfball.  He throws it, crawls after it, snags it, sits down to taste it, then rolls it away from himself to chase again.  


Best.
Game.
EVER!

Camden is talking a lot, mostly in a grunting and growling language he's made up for himself.  The only part of that language I understand is the strained grunt for, "Food in my mouth now!!"  Really funny video on Roy's Instagram.  Follow him.

He understands simple commands.  If I say "Come here," he will drop whatever he is doing and charge at me, open mouthed and screaming with pure joy.  

No cabinet, no drawer, no trash can is safe anymore!  This kid is into everything.  There are times when I can hear him panting, he's just exploring so ferociously.  But in the middle of unrolling the toilet paper or pulling all of my socks out of the sock drawer, he will suddenly stop and search me out.  When he finds me, he crawls over and lays his head in my lap, sucking his thumb for just a second.  Like he's taking a moment to say, "Love you.  Thanks for being here."  Then he's gone, trying to see how many pieces of furniture he can pull himself up on, or whether there are any crumbs on the kitchen floor.



When I see him and Roy laughing it up together, I wonder how life could get any better.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! I always feel like I can never catch up on my blog! Lovely post

    ReplyDelete