Stalker Parents

What do we do when the baby is sleeping?  Look at pictures of him.  HA!  But seriously...

I had just finished uploading a whole slew of pictures of Camden onto Facebook when I walked into our bedroom still smiling.  Still thinking about that drooly face.  Roy was reclined on the bed, the same totally-in-love smile on his mouth as he thumbed through his phone.

Figuring he was on Facebook, I said, "Did you see the pictures of Cam I just put up?"

"Not yet," he said.  "But I'm putting up a couple of him right now."  He paused.  "We post a lot of pictures of him... do you think we're obsessed?"

"Yes," I concluded.  "Ridiculously obsessed.  Probably unhealthy."

We wondered whether anyone else noticed/was annoyed with the amount of pictures we post of him.  Obviously we post them mostly for the benefit of our parents {especially Roy's, since they are so far away} but did it come off as weird?  Too much?

Then a friend confirmed our concerns when she commented on the six billionth picture of Camden, "You're like stalker parents!"

Bahaha!!  Yes, we are the definition of stalker parents.  Look it up in Webster, you will see "Roy and Elliot Buckmaster" printed right there after the (n.).  This baby is the center of our entire universe.  Which is funny, because I used to think it was strange how much parents talked about their kids.  Like, don't they have any hobbies?

Oh wait- now I get it.  They are just OBSESSED with their kids because their world revolves around them!  Of course they have other personal interests, but none that they are nearly so passionate about.  None nearly so wild and wonderful and with such a tight grip on their heart.

Look at this kid!  Look at those tiny bottom teeth popping up!


Look at that cute baby bum!


Look at this untamable hair!


Look at how he chews on everything {and I can no longer swear sunglasses or jewelry}!


Look at those chubby legs!


Look at this infectious smile!


I mean, how could I not share these?  So I apologize, World.  The pictures will undoubtedly continue to flood the web: first steps, art projects, bike riding, basketball games, college graduation... 'cuz we're proud stalker parents.


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Why? B/c I had just finished looking at picture of Emory :)
    At least I'm not the only one lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! Why? B/c I had just finished looking at picture of Emory :)
    At least I'm not the only one lol

    ReplyDelete