Thank Goodness for Thanksgiving

Having a baby in November is a good idea.  Better than I realized.  Why?  Because by the time you add 45 pounds and swollen, aching everything, it's nice to be surrounded by a focus on gratitude. 

I'm grateful that I can still walk without a waddle... if I concentrate real hard.
I'm grateful that sleep has been coming easier.  I know I should be cherishing every z while I can.
I'm grateful for a husband who will rub my swollen legs and feet, cook us dinner, and scrub the bathtub for me.
I'm grateful that my husband can sleep through my pregnancy-induced snoring... and that's he's promised never to video it!

All in all, I've been blessed with a relatively enjoyable pregnancy.  No, I'm not one of those women that ran a marathon at 8 months or sang my way through each day with a smile, feeling all connected to the universe or whatever... but it's been good.  A few things have even been amazing.

Like watching Roy lay his head on my belly and listen for a tiny, racing heartbeat.  Sometimes he whispers to the baby, acting like they're having a private conversation that I'm totally not in on.  It makes me laugh, but it also makes me realize how lucky I am to be able to carry our little guy.  He pretends, but Roy isn't totally in on everything right now.  He can't be- he's not with Roo 24/7 sharing snacks or singing to him in the car, experiencing each day together.  He will never have this same kind of connection with our babies.  Of course he already loves Roo like crazy, but it's not the same.  It's a special calling/gift just for women, and that's pretty amazing.


Roo's moves are pretty amazing too.


I think that's why Roy can't wait for him to arrive, because he wants in on this miracle.  Every day he messages me at work with, "Feel any contractions yet?"
And I always have to respond with, "Not-a-one."

But MAN are we ready!  I mean, the car seat is securely fastened in the car, there is a waterproof pad under my side of the bed (if you don't know why don't ask), our hospital bag is packed with toothbrushes for us, tiny socks for Roo, comfy pjs for me, everything imaginable.  And I'm trying this trick where I convince my body that it will go into labor on November 9th.  That's tomorrow, and six days before my due date.  That's not too much to ask for, is it? 

Does anyone want to guess on an arrival date?  Weight?  We've had some guesses on Facebook.  And a few guesses from random people, like the Fry's checkout lady with the 80s hair.  She told me that I'm going to have a huge nine and a half pound baby, and she was dead serious.  She said I was huge.  It took every ounce of control within my hormone-raged body to smile sweetly at her instead of bash her over the head with a can of Pillsbury dough.

So go ahead.  Guess if you dare ;-)


39 weeks today!

If you don't hear from me for a while, the trick worked!

3 comments:

  1. Oooo I woulda wanted to knock her out too! Haha some people.... So you seriously are all tummy! I love it and you look great! Fingers crossed the stinker comes tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I'm going to guess 11/11 at 11:45 pm. Also, your last picture's caption looks like it says 88 weeks. Although that's probably how you feel right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guessing soon the baby will come soon

    ReplyDelete