School's Out Forever!

September.

The month calls in memories of new plastic backpacks and freshly sharpened number two pencils... or more recent memories of new intimidating professors and freshly wiped thumb drives. 

My husband, my siblings, and a lot of my friends are returning to school right now with new syllabuses for interesting {or uninteresting} classes.  As far as I can remember, this is the second September in my entire life where I'm not going back to school.

¡wEiRd!

When Roy is studying his butt off I like to kick back and revel in how lucky I am.  But there are other times that I miss it.  I miss the environment of learning and the constant push for personal progression, and I miss being surrounded by other students and the "we're all in this together" mentality.

The business world is not like this.  But I don't think any world is quite like the world of school.

Study abroads... my favorite part of my college experience.  I'm trying to convince Roy that he needs to go on one and bring me along.  I don't care where- let's just GO!  Go while we can!  Before he's thrust out of the world of school with a diploma.

Last night I had a dream that we did a study abroad in LONDON!  Of course!  We were both students, though, and we lived with a couple from Japan.  Why?  I don't know... for some reason we lived in Notting Hill, which would be ridiculously expensive, so hey--maybe we were getting a deal from the couple?


Oh, London.  It was like returning home.  When we walked into the little kitchen the cupboards were all stacked with Hob Nobs.  I ate them immediately.  I told Roy we needed to bring armloads home with us.  We walked to Hyde Park and it was fall and the trees looked awesome.  There were double deckers and accents and little kids dressed up like they were on set for Mary Poppins.


You can imagine my disappointment when I woke up this morning, far far away from London, England.  Three Septembers ago I was there for real.


I miss school sometimes.  But I miss school in London always.

1 comment:

  1. Well shoot, lets just go back! You, Roy, Matt, and I will just take over the London Centre. Sound good?

    ReplyDelete